Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Call Me Jeffrey

So, Planet Earth, it's been a while. Well over a year now. At the behest of many friends and family members, I've returned to the strange world of blogging. You may be asking yourself, why the return? Well, in truth, it's for my own vanity. Go ahead, compliment my writing style, my use of prose, my verbiage, how handsome I am in all my pictures. Don't be shy, it's why I do this.

I thought for those who are new to a blog written by me, I'd introduce myself. I am Jeffrey. Not Jeff (I'm always amazed at how often I introduce myself as Jeffrey, and instantly someone says "Nice to meet you, Jeff."). Not JD, though I did try to make that happen at one point in my life. No, Jeffrey has been my name since the day I was born. For the 9 months prior to my birth, I was Levi Daniel, or some other ridiculously Biblical name. I really can't remember if that was it for sure. That stage of my life is a little hazy for me to remember. It is Jeffrey.

I was born 25 and some change years ago, to what I consider to be goodly parents, though they are my only parents so I have no comparison. In between birth and now, I did some fun things, not so fun things, I grew, I waxed strong. (Ok, so that's a lie. I have approximately the same muscle mass now as I did when I was 1 year old.) Now, today, I'm in Sacramento, California. It's a temporary state of being, I will make a triumphant return to my still-temporary-but-more-permanent-than-Sacramento-home in Tempe, Arizona.

Many people are surprised to learn that I am an avid runner, and have been on and off for the past 12 years. People are surprised, because 1. I am not a fit person. Sure I'm thin, but by no means does that mean I'm fit. 2. I'm lazy. I'm pretty open about this laziness. Some call it a flaw, I call it a great way to live. 3. I don't exactly live what people call a "healthy lifestyle." Don't get me wrong, I don't drink or smoke or anything of the like, but I do love fast food. Taco Bell and I have a very close relationship, Mcdonalds and I are definitely well acquainted, Coca-Cola and I are the best of friends. And I spend a lot of time with these acquaintances.

Music...Well, what can I say, it's a very big part of my life. Have you ever noticed in movies when the lead character loses his entire family and all his friends in a tragic 19 car pile-up, and then some horribly depressing song comes on by Morrissey or Elliott Smith or some equally tragic artist? Or when the guy you're really hoping gets the girl, succeeds and lands that big kiss and then some sappy love song or other plays? Well, I was raised on films, and thanks to that, I can only understand my life through the filter of music. Luckily for me, my taste in music is impeccable and my musical knowledge is second to none.

So that's it...that's me, or at least as much of me as I want to share right now. Thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Oh man, here we go! I can only consider this blog a massive blessing in my life, and I hope you last longer as a blogger than you did at that "So You Think You Can Dance" audition last year. Not to be demanding, but I DEMAND you defend the statement, "my taste in music is impeccable". My argument is that everyone's taste is different, meaning that everyone has impeccable taste (making your statement akin to "I have skin"). Take that one step farther and you can only conclude that you and I have equally good taste in music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, it was Daniel Levi. Oh yeah, and you do have goodly parents...very goodly parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. something was missing in my life... thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brad talked you into this didn't he.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew and I have been calling you Jeff for like 6 years. Maybe you could have told us, JEFF.

    ReplyDelete